Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Arrival of Southern Tier!!

There is a new beer in town. Southern Tier, which is a craft brewery from New York and has quite a reputation for taking small batch brewing very seriously, has just reached the shelves of the Dept. We started with five of their beers all in 22oz bombers and they do look impressive. We have the Big Red, an imperial Red Ale with a lot of hops, the Tripel, done in the Belgian style, the Uber Sun which is an imperial wheat done with a kick of hops, the Hoppe, a strong Pale Ale, and the Un-Earthly, an imperial IPA that boasts a 97 on ratebeer.com. Based on the popularity of IPA's in general right now I expect the Un-Earthly to be flying off the shelves. These beers just arrived today so I haven't had a chance to taste them but I will so ask me what I think if you stop in the store. I will also try to set up a Saturday tasting for these big boys sometime in the next month or so, so keep checking the blog for that. Nothing else is new, but summer seems like it's on its way. Finally!!

Take care and Happy Drinking!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Southern Tier is here!! Woo freakin' hoo!

Anonymous said...

Who gives two hoots in hell what RateBeer says? Those 'tards would rate dog squeeze as a 98 if it had over 6% alcohol. There are other and far better beer advocacy sites on the net. In fact, if Rate Beer rates a beer highly, I think twice before buying it.

Dan said...

I've had Southern Tier up in NY State, and it was fantastic. Thanks for bringing it to town.